Mazda Miyagi

Mazda Miyagi

Monday, February 27, 2012

Some Recent Mods

A few weeks ago, I decided I wanted to change up the feeling my shifting experience. I bought this pre-drilled 8 ball on ebay which is much larger than the stock shift knob and a little heavier. Shifting is incredibly smooth. It feels very solid. the ball also sits higher than the stocker, so the center of gravity was a little different, giving the shift swing more leverage which was great. ALSO! check out my sexy DIY Crown Royal Black shift boot!! the cops will love it
Then guess what?!? My tax refund came in and I went a little nuts (for me at least) got some Rota RB 15x7 et35 which I have been kind of lookin at for quite some time. But when I actually had the money to get them I decided to go for it. Also got a decent, cheap(er) yet, nice looking quick-release steering wheel, hub, and adapter. havent installed it yet, but the is next on my list. sorry for the upside down pic. but you get the idea.
TIRES! These are great! especially since my old ones were bald and decided they wanted to take me off-roading one rainy day on my way to school.
mounted, balanced and a fresh alignment! woo!
oh yeah, and I also decided to lose the cheap home depot lip spoiler I made and got a real one. The "R" Package front lip spoiler looks great and also gives the appearance of a lower ride height. with my old wheels and ride height, this would be about 1/4" off the ground, but when i put the new tires and rims on, I adjusted the coil-overs and lifted the car up a hair, just getting rid of the fender gap. I didnt want to hide those beautiful new tires!!

No comments:

Post a Comment